Monday, April 26, 2010

My Friend's Wedding


My friend had her wedding on Saturday. Finally it cleared up that day though it had been cold rainy days in the week. I wore my kimono to the wedding and felt really happy.

However, I made a huge huge mistake! You know when you wear a kimono or a yukata, the left side should be on top of the right side. If not, everyone will laugh at you because only dead people wear in the order. After people die, the layers will be switched! Anyway, what I did was that my juban was in the wrong order. How embarrassing and stupid I was! It is not what kimono wearers do.

I noticed my mistake in the bathroom at the hotel. There was only 15 minutes to fix it when I realized that. Suddenly, my brain started to think quickly. "Should I change now though maybe nobody notices it," "it will be risky to fix it since you only have 15 minutes, so don't change it," or "even if you don't have enough time, now you are rude for the bride and groom. Change it."

I decided to change as fast as I can. It took 2o minutes to tie my fukuro obi at home today, so there wouldn't be enough time if I take long. Then, I ran to the changing room on two floors up, and took of my obi, and kimono. "OMG!!! How do I tie without strings?" Yeah, it is super hard to wear an obi without strings to help me wear. But it is too late since I already took off my obi. Now, I would need more time for obi.

Somehow, it took 12 minutes to fix everything! Although the obi didn't look perfect, although it didn't look that great, I eventually made it!!!! It was great that it only took 12 minutes to do almost everything. I was proud of myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment