Monday, November 29, 2010

The Beautiful Sunday

We took a short trip to Kamakura on Sunday. It was warmer than Saturday and a very beautiful autumn day. So, I knew there would be lots of tourists!!!


I was right, there were many people on streets. Once we got off at Kitakamakura station, we visited Enkaku-ji Temple. I think it is one of the famous temples in Kamakura and quite big. First, you'll find the huge mon gate, and see small wooden Japanese buildings along the hills. Lots of people were taking pictures of autumn leaves because it was beautiful and very Japanese, and the buildings.



After we enjoyed the temple, we headed to Komachi Street near Kamakura station. It is located really closed to Kamakura station and there are many shops on the street such as Japanese food restaurants, traditional paper shop, kimono shop, and more.

Then, we stopped by a small kimono shop and bought a piece of obi fabric and tsumugi fabric for kimono. Tsumugi was not just a piece but (I guess it should be) it was 13 meters. I thought the nice silk fabric was nice to make a kimono and wear it! For the obi fabric, which I picked, I haven't decided what to make because so many ideas came up with my mind...oh...what should I make with?

This is 1 tan (13 meters) of the tsumugi



This is the obi fabric


1 comment:

  1. Ciao and thank you for your visit :-) I hope to see you again soon :-)

    The fabric is very beautiful, and Kamakura is a beautiful town!

    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete