Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Attaching the Collar on the Kimono

This is the most time-consuming and difficult part of sewing kimono. Oh, well, at least for me. Kimono consists of two parts of collars if it's an hitoe, which is a single layered kimono or yukata that is made of cotton and worn in summer, but formal kimono consists of three parts of them!

For now, I'm making hitoe. I've finished the first part of collar sewing. This part of collar is called "hon-eri," and the other part, which I've got to work on it soon, is called "tomo-eri."

Even pinning took a while because it didn't seem well. And finally, I finished sewing! But wait, I need to go through more hard parts to be finish the collars... Oops! I'll upload more photos later.

2 comments:

  1. Well done so far! You are incredibly patient!

    I'll wait for the finished kimono.
    Ciao
    A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. I hope I'm patient!! Arigato!

    ReplyDelete