Sunday, December 5, 2010

A Kimono tsumugi


I've finished this tsumugi, which is a type of kimonos and also a type of weaving, a few days ago. My mom's friend is quite old and doesn't wear kimonos anymore, so she had the kimono unsewn and cleaned. She gave me the fabric then. I'm thinking about wearing it when I get really old because the color of this kimono is a bit too dark for me to wear now. Women in the 30's should wear brighter colors than this, don't you think?



Anyway, this was cut and made for short women for the first time; therefore, when I wear it, there isn't enough length for ohashori, that is a folded part of a kimono when you wear and it appears right beneath the obi. My height is about 5.4, and probably I'm too tall for the kimono! I won't care but the length in the photo looks obviously short!!!

Speaking of sewing, sewing a collar is the longest part and taking so much time. I feel like it'll take forever or even I won't finish it... However, after you finish that part, you just need to put sleeves on each shoulder. This is the happy part because you are almost done at this moment. The pictures above is 95 percent done and I just need to do the ironing. Although this isn't completed, I feel like it is finished! Yay!!!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, you are too young! But maybe I could wear it, I am 40!

    Still, grey is chic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? You look young! It is too early for you too!!!!

    ReplyDelete