Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Knitted Men's Mittens (Free Pattern)

Men's Mittens Free Pattern!


I knitted mittens for my husband. It's getting colder and colder every day, but he didn't have mittens!

It was really easy to make.

PLEASE NOTE; I'm not a professional knitter and also English is my 2nd language. The instruction isn't perfect! But please try it out!


Size Men's Midium (22cm long)

gauge: 28sts X 12 rows

needles: circular needles US8 and US7
hook US8
*Note I use the magic loop method to knit in rounds. If you don't use this method, prepare double pointed needles.

a thread needle

yarn:brown 1 skein
beige a little
waste yarn a little

Hand

Prepare US8 hook. Use provisional cast on, CO34 with waste yarn. (You'll remove the yarn later.)

Row1-3: Knit 3 rounds with brown yarn.
Row 4: with beige color, K31, M1P, place a marker, K3.
Row 5: K35.
Row 6: Repeat Row 4.
Row 7: Knit 1 with brown yarn, Knit 1 with beige yarn. Repeat.
Row 8-10: Repeat Row4 and 5.

You have 40 sts.

Row 11:Rest 12 sts and knit 28 sts in round with brown yarn.
Knit 22 rounds or knit until piece measures 13cm.

K2tog repeat. You have 14 sts.
K2tog repeat. You have 7 sts.

Break yarn and thread through remaining sts.

Thumb
Take brown yarn.
Knit 8 rnds or 4cm.
K2tog You have 6sts

Break yarn and thread through remaining sts.

Cuff
Carefully remove the waste yarn and pick up 34 sts with circular needles.
With brown yarn, (1X1 Ribbing) Knit 1 Purl 1 repeat until piece measures 4cm.

Cut yarn and BO with tubular bind off.

Just make one more!!!







I'd like to thank Stitch Diva Studios, Savannachik, and Knitting Daily. They show us great instructions.

2 comments:

  1. They look great, I not good at knitting, I don;t think that I could ever make them so well!

    ciao

    A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! But I know you can cook great dishes!

    ReplyDelete