Sunday, July 17, 2011

Lots of Yukata Fabrics and Ready-to-Wear Yukata Are in Stores

It's perfect time to wear a yukata now. You can wear it only in the summer time, so don't miss it everyone!

Last Sunday I bought a yukata fabric! (Shame on me, I wasn't planning to buy such a thing but I couldn't resist...) As some people know that some yukatas can wear from May until the end of August. If you want to wear it earlier than the regular yukata season that is from Jun to Aug, you should wear a nagajuban, which is worn under a kimono, and zori, which is kimono shoes but not for a yukata, to look it more like a kimono. Because it is too early to wear the yukata just as is. If you wear a nagajuban, it is ok. In addition to that, you can wear a either hanhaba obi or nagoya obi.

A hanhaba obi is a half the width of a regular obi, and is worn on a yukata or a casual kimono, on the other hand, a nagoya obi is usually worn on a casual kimono. Occasionally, it's worn on a yukata.

So, if the color or the pattern of your yukata is not too bright or too girly, you can wear your yukata as a summer kimono. You should try!

Anyway, this is the fabric I bought. I want to wear it as a summer kimono next year. (I don't think I can finish up in the summer!)







2 comments:

  1. That is a really beautiful Yukata material! I have a few ready made Yukata, but no chances for wearing them!!!
    Pity!

    Ciao
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any cances to visit japan??? At least it seems it's not hot in NZ now!

    ReplyDelete