Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Jammmm

I bought pears a while ago and put them in the fridge.  And I actually forgot about them for a week.  When I got them they were a bit hard to eat, so I thought it would be the best time to eat now though I forgot.   Shouldn't I have put them in the fridge or did I get just hard pears?  Who knows but the pears were still hard after a week!!!  I couldn't even peel the skin, so I just decided to make pear jam. 

It was easy you know...  I just cut them into some pieces and cooked them with some sugar.  It's less sweetened than others, so it is healthier.  Oh, I put some lemon juice though.  Wow, it was a lot.  Four pears became quite good portion of jam...  The jar in the picture above was tiny but there is another big jar of jam!

It turned out really yummy.  I haven't made jam for a long long time and it was probably the first time in 10 years or so.  Isn't it crazy???  haha  Anyway, I want to try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment