Friday, February 11, 2011

Quick Update

It snowed all day long on Friday. It rarely snows in Kawasaki all day but yesterday was different. Snow tended to have more moisture and didn't stay on the ground, but it was freezing cold. My plants in the pots were siting on the veranda and watching the snow falling down on the ground.

Somehow it is really quite when it snows. Does the snow absorb all the noise? I feel like it's holly or pure moments when I see outside. It's just beautiful!

When I was in Iowa, it snowed a lot. Well, the amount wasn't much but I should call it COLD!!! You can't compare Iowa and Kawasaki! I still don't know how I survived two winters that the average temperature was negative 15 or so every day... I couldn't walk without my had, gloves, and the warm jacket. Under the jacket I had to put on my fleece... I can't spend a winter there any more... But it was my good experience and time!

Anyways, here are my plants survived the first snow in this winter.


Wild strawberries in front, rosemary behind.



Wild strawberries and some mint leaves.


Jasmine


Snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment