Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Soybean Paste

Sorry, I've been lazy recently that I haven't updated my blog. Since I found my pregnancy in the late March, I've been feeling tired and sleepy all the time. But I can't help it. Every afternoon I try to put my daughter to sleep but I always fall asleep first!!

So, I can't sew much lately. I can't do much. Now, I can take care of my plants on the verandah...

Today here I want to show you my soybean paste, called miso. I cooked it in the beginning of February and let it rest until today. During the spring time, it is said it will only take 3 to 4 months to be done, but during winter, it'll take a half year!

I was going to open it some time in June or July but there is some good smell of soybean paste I felt today. So, I was like "I think it's ready! I can use it today!!," and I did.


I used this soybean paste in miso soup for today, and it tasted good. However, I thought it should be rested a little more.


Now, plums are ripe. I need to make sour plums soon!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, you make your own miso, fantastic! It must taste delicious!

    I didn't know that you were expecting another baby, congratulations and take care :-)

    Ciao
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I wish I felt energetic every day! We made 3 to 4kg of miso this time. I'm not sure if it fits in our fridge!!

    ReplyDelete