Monday, May 9, 2011

Umeboshi Tea

Here are some hand made umeboshi.



Have you ever had an umeboshi in your life? It's a pickled plum with salt and shiso leaves. You'll feel it is suuuuppppeeeer salty if you have it for the first time. Some are mild and some are just salty. However it can be addictive!! Recently, I've been craving for something sour every day, and an umeboshi is the one. I am addicted but I should not take lots of it since it contains a lot of sodium. I know it but I can't help it!!!

Today I tried umeboshi tea at home. It was delicious. I put a little piece of an umeboshi(I didn't add whole... It'll be too salty.) in a mug and just pour hot water into the mug. How easy it is!
I felt warm and relaxed after I had it.
I followed the recipe from this site, and you can check out more ideas! But please note that it's in Japanese.

Anyway, if you are not scared to try umeboshi, or you like umeboshi, tri it out!
(none of my North American friends like it. Some Asian friends like it!!!)
Good luck! No, I should say "enjoy."

2 comments:

  1. I love umeboshi, when my husband visits Japan I always ask him to bring me some! With shiso is the best! Now I want to try to do the tea too, since I have some!

    Ciao
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please try it! I'm sure you'll love it!!!

    ReplyDelete