Monday, May 17, 2010

Ice Cream Stand



When I was small, my parents took me and my sister to Yamashita-Koen Park in Yokohama. It is a well-known harbor park in Yokohama, so there are lots of tourists all year around. I should say it is a good date spot for couples, especially at night. The night views are gorgeous and romantic as well. But I came here with my parents and they would buy us ice cream in summer. It was almost 25 years ago when we came. It was another history... hehe.

Today, I found the ice cream stand just outside the park! I wonder why it wasn't inside though. Anyway, I couldn't resist that. I had to buy the ice cream and go back to my child days for a minute. It cost 200 yen and was only 100 yen back in the early 80's. Although the price was double the taste was the same as before. Is it good or bad??? Suddenly I felt like a child again. The woman selling the ice cream said she had been selling over 40 years! Can you believe it? When my daughter is able to eat ice cream in the future, I'd like to buy one for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment