Thursday, March 17, 2011

New Hand-Sewn Tote




I want to thank lots of people for sending me nice messages or comments since the earthquake hit. Luckily our family and all of my friends are safe! but we've lost so many people... The magnitude 9.0 earthquake was too big to handle and broke down the nuclear power plant. I heard the plant was damaged not by the strong wave but the tsunami. It left damages on some generators to send water inside or something.

Anyway, the power company decided to have the scheduled blackout to prevent from sudden blackout. My area is in group 4 but never had a blackout yet. It'll take 3 hours each time said the company but they suddenly change the schedule... We don't know what's going on yet...

When the earthquake hit, I was sewing this tote because my daughter was asleep. Last night finally the tote was done! I wonder how fast I can sew with a sewing machine... but it'll make some noise, right? hmmm... But hand-sewing leaves less damages on the fabric than machine-sewing for the needle goes through the fabric diagonally. Yes, those two reasons keep me away from getting a sewing machine. And what you feel after you complete hand-sewing is so much better than using a machine. I feel like convincing myself not to buy one...haha

Anyway anyway anyway, here is the tote!

I was going to list it on my Etsy shop, but the pocket size should be modified. I just wanted to write about it. I like polka dots. Somehow I often get fabrics with polka dots!!!


6 comments:

  1. The tote is really lovely.

    It must be hard living with all those uncertainties. I am worried about the radiations from the Nuclear plant, please take care.

    ciao
    A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also worried about the workers who is inside and outside the plant. They are surely in super danger right now!

    Thank you!!

    Miho

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tote is lovely. I hope you all continue to be well. This must be a stressful time for you. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, thank you for your comment! Sewing by hand takes so much time but I have to be patient!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lovely tote indeed...I like it a lot:)

    ReplyDelete