Friday, March 11, 2011

The Earthquakes

It was a horrifying day yesterday. We are fortunately fine here but scared.

We live in Kawasaki, which is a few hundred kilometers away from Miyagi and Fukushima, where the severe damages are left. Still, the waves made me feel it would be the last day!! You know if a quake occurs right underneath mantle plate, the wave goes up and down which gives severe damages to houses and buildings. However, if it occurs a distance away, the wave is more horizontal.

The waves were horizontal, so I knew the epicenter is somewhere different. But it was still big enough to scare me. The first wave and the two secondary waves were long. I mean it was about one minute but I felt longer. My daughter and I stayed under the dining table.

During the first wave we lost electricity. It went out! and we didn't have water either! We got power back at night.

We lit candles at our dinner table. My husband and I were ok but our 1 year and 6 months old daughter was scared of darkness! But she went to bed quickly so that it wasn't a big problem.

So, I didn't have anything to do without lights, so I just took pictures of some candles.




2 comments:

  1. I am so glad to know that you are all ok. So scary, and so sad about all the victims.

    Please take care

    ciao
    A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arigato for your nice comments!

    have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete