Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Tubular Bind Off (twisted 1 x 1 rib) Tutorial

Tubular Bind off is always hard to remember. I learned this technique from my teacher the other day, but I can easily forget it. It's a little complicated for me.

Here, I want to share this with my great readers, and also it is a good note for me.

This time I knitted 1x1 twisted rib stitch for a few rows.

K2 P1 K1 P1 K1 P1 K1 P1 K1 P1 K1 P1 K1 P1 K2 (17sts in total)

1) Cut the yarn after knitting and use a thread needle. Insert the needle from left to right and take 2 stitches at once.



2) Pull the yarn.



3) Insert the needle into the 1st stitch from left to right.





4) Remove the stitch from the knitting needle and keep it on the thread needle.



5) Skip the 2nd stitch and insert the needle into the 3rd stitch from right to left.



6) Pull the yarn.



7) Insert the thread needle into the 1st stitch from right to left. Move the stitch onto the thread needle. The needle goes behind the 2nd stitch.



8) Now the stitch is moved to the thread needle. Insert the needle into the second stitch from the right side as if to knit. The needle comes from behind and insert it as if to knit.




9) Pull the yarn.


Repeat step 3) to 9) to last 2 stitches. Please remember that you always have one stitch on the thread needle during working.

Steps 3)to 6)are for knitted stitches and steps 7) to 9) are for purled stitches.


Last 2 stitches

10) Insert the thread needle from left to right. Two stitches together.



11) Pull the yarn.




This is how it looks like.


I hope it is clear enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment