Thursday, January 13, 2011

Saving Your Time and Money

We got new cookwares last weekend. They are a pressure cooker and a frying pan from Fissler.  Is it famous brand?  I'd never heard of it until I bought.  Ok, we had a really small pressure cooker but had never used it for a long time for some reasons.  Even though it was a pressure cooker, it took time to be well-cooked.  I always thought "It isn't right!  A pressure cooker shouldn't take that long to cooooookkkkk!!!!" And it was too small for three of us now; however, it was just better than nothing.

The big difference between the old one and the new one is whether you use a weight or not. This new cooker doesn't need a weight at all.  So, I'll get burned less!!  According to the book I got, it only takes 5 minutes to cook 4 servings of rice.  It's so amazing...

My regular rice cooker (electric) takes 40 minutes to cook the same amount of rice, so it's way short!  I can save my electric bill and my time.  I can spend more time on crafting. hahaha.
Anyway, I believe cheapness is not always good.  Probably you'll need to buy new one more frequently than buying a nice one.  There are lots of 5 dollar frying pans at a supermarket but in my opinion, it isn't worth buying unless you are lucky.  From now on, hopefully I can save my time and electricity!


This is the new frying pan. I have a frying pan from Tefal but it's not good for high heat cooking like Chinese dumplings because it'll damage the surface of the pan. When you fry dumplings, you pour water, right?  And my husband and I like dumplings so much(oh...we can't stop eating it once we start!), so this pan is perfect for me.  On the other hand, Tefal is good for baking pancakes I believe.



No comments:

Post a Comment