Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sleeves are done

I've just finished the sleeves last night.

Well, in the other post I said about this kimono fabric that was from my grandma, and I've been working on it now. During the day, there is no time to spread all the kimono fabric, ruler, scissors, needles and etc because I need to prepare our dinner and do more housekeeping. Also once my daughter wakes up, I will have to put everything away before she touches them! So, I decided to work on the kimono only at night.

Speaking of this kimono, I already put the decorative stitches on the edges to show it's done. Also this type of stitch has another function that can keep the shape well.

After I finished them, I started the body part. Hopefully I can show you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you are so patient! Lovely to know that there are still people making kimono!

    The earthquake was strong but no damage to people, fortunately. I am back in Auckland now, and happy to be on solid ground!

    ciao

    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were ok! I hope you had a wonderful vacation there except the earthquake!!!

    ReplyDelete